Friday, March 18, 2011

the pace of things.

I just love being in a city. The sights, the sounds, the energy. I also like a little peace and quiet. A safe haven. Somewhere that I can curl up with a good book and forget that just outside there's cars whizzing by. A place to light the fire (or in my case, turn it on :) and just savor a little family time.

We just returned from a whirlwind trip to Nashville. All the trees are beginning to bloom, there's flowers in the flower boxes, tulips in the gardens and I've never seen so many Bradford Pears in my life! The sight of about thirty of these in a perfect row had me scrambling for my camera...if only I would have had it.

We are exhausted, but feel positive. Hoping to find our own little safe haven in the madness of a city. A little corner to put our stamp on. A home for our little ones. A place to grow, play, love and just enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment