Thursday, June 2, 2011

unpacking.

I think unpacking is worse than packing. There's less pressure to get it done because there isn't a move date looming, but you get sick of living in disarray. I think it will be weeks before we are truly settled.

We met our neighbors - the ones who so kindly brought us cookies - and we loved them. Kalli loved playing with their three year old son. He plays like a boy though, and she's not used to that!

I think we will have a nice life here. I have not met one person that wasn't super friendly. Everywhere you go people talk to you. I guess it's that southern hospitality :) I miss my family terribly, but we will have to make lots of visits to make up for the distance :)

I have had Kalli in full time daycare for the past 8 months and now that she is home I had forgotten how much I loved spending so much time with her. She's absolutely the sweetest, kindest, most generous little person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm so lucky she's mine. And Parker -- oh, my little beautiful Parker. He's just blossoming right before my eyes and I find myself tearing up over how fast it's going and over how much I just have pure love for him. He is always bright and happy and just so enjoyable ... most of the time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment