Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dump and Pray (today's recipe)


Well, I regularly make "Dump and Pray" around here. I love soup and one pot meals, so I find myself experimenting regularly. I dump stuff in the pot and pray it tastes good! I've had some hits and many misses - today was a hit! So, I decided to share it here.

Cheddar Bacon Cheese Soup

1 can cream of potato
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cheese soup
1 can chicken broth
4 slices bacon
1 medium yellow or white onion
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tbsp chives (I used dry chives, feel free to use fresh)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 lb cooked chicken breast
1 can corn kernals or 1 cup frozen corn

Chop bacon into small pieces and sautee. Add chopped onion and cook until onions are slightly translucent. Set aside. Chop chicken breast into small bite sized chunks and cook in the bacon/onion residue. In a large pot add the three cans of soup, one can of broth and two cans of water. Stir until blended and bubbling. Add the thyme, salt, pepper and chives, mix together. Add the bacon/onion and cooked chicken. Bring to a boil and then let simmer 10-15 mins, stirring frequently. Add the corn the last five mins. Serve plain or add shredded cheddar, bacon and fresh chives.

I had no toppings, but the soup was delicious! A hearty fall meal soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment