Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 days of thanks. days 5 and 6.

I'm THANKFUL to be an American. I am lucky enough to share dual citizenship to Australia and The United States.  Many people live in places with opression and suffering that your average American knows nothing about.  Our liberties and freedoms should never be taken for granted and I'm thankful that women gained the right to vote so many years ago. Everyone should exercise that right!

I'm thankful that so many people stood in line and voted yesterday. When the east coast is going through tremendous loss and suffering, people were voting with only the light from a flashlight! It just shows how much the people really care about the future of this nation.

This political race was ugly, but in the end, the people have spoken. I'm thankful that for the first time in many years I feel like my vote counted!


No comments:

Post a Comment