Thursday, February 3, 2011

adventures in cooking...






So, today I wanted to throw something in the crock pot because I don't feel like cooking dinner. It needed to be low calorie and contain ingredients I already had. I looked a bit online and everything seemed too involved and had tons of stuff that wasn't already in my pantry.

I'm sort of an okay cook. It's hit or miss. When I try something new there's a 50% chance it will be good....and that's when I follow a recipe. But, today, I threw caution to the wind and made up my own soup. It's pretty tasty - not super filling. I think we'll have to eat a grilled cheese with it. But not bad for "made up soup".

Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
1 handful of fresh cilantro
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 carrots
4 celery sticks
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can mexicorn
1 can black beans
1 can green chilis
1 can 98% fat free chicken broth
1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment