Wednesday, February 16, 2011

decisions, decisions.

Well, after much deliberation, we have decided that we no longer want to move to Evansville. We've chosen Nashville/Murfreesboro as the area in which we will conduct our home search. There are so many wonderful things about the city and surrounding areas that it's hard not to get excited! We are still a short distance from Carmi and can see our family often. Plus, it will give them a fun place to visit.

I can't wait for Farmers Markets, concerts in the park, BIG SHOPPING MALLS! and more. There's so much fun stuff for kids to do - the discovery center, the monkey house. I want my kids to enjoy the zoo and the aquarium! I want to travel to Chattanooga and the mountains. I can't wait to make memories with my little family.

If anyone wants to comment on any areas of Nashville that they are familiar with, I'm all ears. We are most interested in good schools, convenient shopping, access to doctors and hospitals and an area with young families that we can meet and become friends with.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Murfreesboro and worked/spent a lot of time in Nashville. I don't know much about schools in the area, but I do love the Opry Mills mall! Unfortunately it flooded, and I'm not sure if it's open yet or not (I know the Opryland Hotel which is next door is open, so maybe?). Also the mall in Cool Springs (?) is nice. So is Green Hills mall, which is more swanky. Don't remember a lot about Murfreesboro's mall. I guess it was decent for everyday things. They were building another mall/strip mall when I left. I did a quick search for it and it is called The Avenue. Wonder if it's by the same people that did the Viera Avenue?
    The best hospital is definitely Vanderbilt. I actually used to work there. And I can hook you up with my friend Jessica who has 3 kids and her fiance, Mike. Also have a friend Denice that lives a little far out but works in Nashville. And I have a couple of other friends if you want to get some more info on the area. Hopefully we will be moving there in a couple years!!

    ReplyDelete